Ramblings of a 20-something Ohioan

If salty language offends you, I apologize. Somedays I'm classy, and some days I'm crassy.

29 April 2011

Everything can be personalized!


When I think back to my younger days, as in, still-in-high-school, I remember fondly the Lillian Vernon catalog. It was a fixture in the throne room (if you get my drift) and I always got a chuckle out of the “personal massagers” they used to sell (The Vermont Country Store has taken over that product line as I’ve found out). Delighting in receiving the newest Lillian Vernon in the mail, I had to immediately leaf through this catalog of wonderment and mostly useless-to-me stuff. But let's fast forward a few years.
Since I have begun my journey of sorts to figure out what to do with my life (like to go to grad school or not) I’ve been de-cluttering my life and home, but I still felt that itch. I wanted to revisit the crap of yore... and yes it still interests/entertains me. So, I ordered the catalog and here’s what I’ve found to be of interest/disinterest to my life as it stands.




There was one thing I found that might be useful, if I needed boots in Phoenix:




And now, on to more stuff:



I actually owned the above lipstick, but they used to
market it as a mood ring for your lips.  I begged, Mumsy caved, and I had green lips.


 And honestly, if you need a plaque to declare it, it's not really your "Man Cave"

I would have enjoyed this stool after some taller people re-arranged my kitchen,
 but at nearly $20 bucks, it's a no-go.


A fake alligator for your garden and a slumbering hobo child, 
where's David Sedaris when you need him?

As the little old lady across the street would say, "That's just hideous". Draw out the "e" sounds and pop a cheap cigarette between your lips and you've got Mrs. C down to a "t".



Now on to Lillian Vernon's rival in being the purveyor of strange.



Looks like Vermont Country Store is trying to give CVS a run for their money.


Here's where all the good stuff from Lillian Vernon went.


If anyone out there is still reading, howdy, thanks for coming back. 
 I've got a surprise for my readers who comment.




***Spoiler alert***






It's crap, but cool crap, and possibly useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the film Roadhouse (1989)

Dalton
All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.